Friday, October 29, 2010

'TIS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED ...

One of mankind's age-old quandries is the question: Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

From my personal perspective and experience I answer in a loud, strong voice: Yes, it is better to have loved!

Today marks what would have been the 44th wedding anniversary for me and my beloved Pam. Unfortunately, the love of my life passed away just under two years ago. So the pain and emptiness I feel (and will always feel) to some degree each day since her passing ... would I wish to erase that by never having loved her and thereby never having had her in my life at all? No. Hell no. I endure the empty time now by recalling how blessed I was for the time we did have together. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.
As long as I carry Pam in my heart she is still alive; and as long as a piece of my heart is with her we are still connected ... until we are rejoined again in eternity.

I say to anyone reading this: Hold a good thought for those who have lost great loves in their life. And then look around and take time to appreciate those you love while you still have them.

Persevere --- WD

No comments: