Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Available Now: WIDE SPOT IN THE ROAD (a Drifter Detective novella) by Wayne D. Dundee


Just out from Beat To A Pulp Press and yours truly --- I'm returning to my roots as a writer of hardboiled detective yarns. Only this time it's not my old buddy Joe Hannibal out to crack the case (and maybe a few skulls along the way), but rather "the Drifter Detective" Jack Laramie. Set in the early 1950s post-WWII period, this is the fourth title in the series. But you don't have to read them in any particular order. If you like WIDE SPOT and/or are a fan of PI fiction in general, I urge you to also check out the other titles by Garnett Elliott, who has done a terrific job of establishing the character and setting the tone for the whole series. Hopefully readers find my spin a good fit with what has gone before ... If you recall, I'm an old friend of the Laramie "family" inasmuch as I have documented some of the adventures of Jack's grandfather, Cash Laramie, a well known U.S. Duty Marshal who operated out of Cheyenne, Wyoming back in the 1880s. In case you haven't already, heck, you might want to check out some of those also.
Available now on Amazon Kindle for the bargain price of only $0.99. Hope you give it a try, I think you'll like it.

1 comment:

Garnett Elliott said...

It's a great piece, Wayne. I've always pictured Jack as the kind of guy who would pull over for some Texas red!!